Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Asura Guide to stable PvP

Discussion in 'Slayer Guides' started by BlanixTheBlood, May 16, 2010.

1. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Asura Guide

I'm going to try once more to make a suitable guide to playing asura. This time with more experience and thought put into it.

Intro: This guide will help give you an understanding of how create a stable build and play style for pvp. Too many times have I seen Asuras try to take on PvP with an awkward build and fighting stratagie. Hopefully this will help solve some problems for these people and inspire others to create an Asura themselves.

Thanks: To Fynl whom I am basing my guide's layout on from his own guide, to Stark who inspired me to make a guide at all, and to LHCgreg for creating SSA.
    Other thanks will go to anyone who can improve my guide with anything I missed or am mistaken about.

Terms & Definitions
    • Cancel: This means you are canceling your basic attack to use the skill that has a cancel.
    • Poke: A long reaching attacking that generally causes knock back or knock down. Often used to bide time or just annoy people.
    • ACS: Air Chain Slash
    • WWS: Wave Wheel Slasher
    • ASC: Asura Spirit Crescent
    • NWS: Neutral Wave Sword
    • Okizeme: Attacking an opponent upon get up
    • OTG: On the ground
    • CD: Cool Down/ Down Time

Notes: As an Asura there are a few options to make in a build and I will try to cover them as best I can.

Table of Contence
    1. Skills
    2. Example Builds
    3. Combos and Tactics
    4. Equipment
    5. Example By Video
    6. Requests

Skills
    Blade (Weapon Master Skills)

[IMG][IMG]
    (20 sp) Cancel available at level 15 (50 sp)
    Upward Slash: Its not 100% needed to max this, but the launch is extremely well benefited by the slayer class in general.
    Recommended: 5 + Cancel if your tight for SP only, otherwise you max this.

[IMG]
    Available at level 5 (25 sp)
    Thrust: A very meager poke. The Y axis range this skill has is a thin line, the damage is not very impressive, and almost nothing works to combo with it.
    Recommended: Do not get.

[IMG][IMG]
    Available at level 5 (20 sp), Cancel available at level 15 (50 sp)
    Guard: Blocks damage and avoids hit stun/knock down. This skill makes slayers the more versatile of the classes, with proper timing and prediction can get you a free combo any time the opponent tries to attack.
    Recommended: 1 as a prequiste for Ghost Orb, 3 for the cancel, Max for lowest knock back.

[IMG]
    Available at level 10 (25 sp)
    Ashe Fork: A Y axis opener for attack or okizeme. A great approach that works with upward for good launch even at minimal pvp level. The only problem being that plate armor reduces the jump so no shock wave takes place. This can be cured with jump strength avatar or equipment.
    Recommended: 1 as utility, Max as even better utility from shock wave size.

[IMG][IMG]
    Available at level 10 (25 sp), Cancel available at level 20 (50 sp)
    Triple Slash: A fast 3 part slash that can be a good approach or escape.
    Recommended: 1 as utility, 5 for Cancel.

[IMG]
    Available at level 15 (100 sp) Needs level 1 Ashe Fork
    Air Chain Slash: This allows you to take as many air slashes as you can do before you touch the ground. It is great for approaching and knockdown.
    Recommended: 1 as utility.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Available at level 20 (20 sp)
    Masteries: Max one of these masteries to gain the 10% hit rate and 20% extra damage.
    Recommended: Short Swords, or Katanas. Zanbatou has good reach but is just too slow without stacked attack speed, other than that it is also a viable option. Bludgeons have terrible magic attack, do not get.

[IMG]
    Available at level 34 (60 sp)
    Steal
    FlipSide Counter: Probably the best steal skill available as it gives you a free combo when normally you would be taking one.
    Recommended: Don't get or Max.

Berserk (Berserker Skills)

[IMG]
    Gore Cross: A good move for juggling or as a poke. I find myself on Ice Wave CD a lot, so this helps keep my damage flowing till I can use WWS or Ice Wave.
    Recommended: 1 for utility.

[IMG]
    Available at level 15 (25 sp)
    Mountainous Wheel: A useful super armored approach for knockdown, or can be used for ground scraping.
    Recommended: 1 for utility

[IMG]
    Available at level 24 (60 sp)
    Steal
    Blood Lust: An extra grab. Can be used to continue combos after fast get up is in effect. I personally don't like this skill, as I have not seen it used effectively for an Asura.
    Recommended: Don't get or 1 for utility.

Soul (Soul Bender Skills)

[IMG]
    (25 sp)
    Ghost Slash: A fast, large hit box magic attack. The first level is free, don't bother leveling it.
    Recommended: Do not level past 1.

[IMG]
    Available at level 5 (25 sp)
    Summon Khazan: Creates a red circle that increases Str and Int of allies inside the circle. Its nice for a party/team. Solo/Elimination not so useful anymore.

[IMG]
    Moonlit Slash: A useful combo juggler. A little slower than Gore cross, but stronger in damage.
    Recommended: 1 for utility.

[IMG]
    Available at level 24 (60 sp) Needs level 5 Khazan
    Steal
    Summon Hazy-Eye'd Bremen: Creates a green circle that lowers enemy magic defense. The sp cost plus the bad scaling of the skill makes it less than worth it and you need level 5 Khazan too.
    Recommended: Not suggested.

General Skills

[IMG]
    Automatic Passive upon Class Change
    Wave Plate Armor Mastery: Enables you to wear the strongest armor in the game. Wearing Plate also gives enhanced Int, MP MAX, and balances the penalties of attack/cast speed, and MP recovery. Your jump strength is still however weakened.

[IMG]
    Available at level 1 (10 sp)
    Quick Rebound: All characters and classes should have this skill. It will save your life from many, but not all situations.
    Recommended: Get the skill.

[IMG][IMG]
    Available at level 5 (30 sp) Cancel available at level 10 (70 sp)
    Back Step: Anything that is going to be in close to mid range combat should have this with its cancel. (except monks who have sway)
    Recommended: Get this skill with the cancel.

[IMG]
    Available at level 10 (20 sp)
    Leap: Useful for a crazier ASC approach and escaping certain AoE and attacks. But leveling leap too high will make jumping awkward since your opponent may see you coming before you come down.
    Recommended: 1 level as utility, any more than 1 is preference.

[IMG]
    Throw Mastery: This isn't the Item Slayer guide. Preference denied. (Its also annoying to other people)
    Recommended: WASTE OF SP

[IMG]
    Ancient Memory: This will get you a good chunk of Int at max level. (150 for 20 seconds)
    Recommended: Suggested, but not required. Go for max if you do get it.

[IMG]
    Indomitable Spirit: Only useful at max level. Will make all your casts have super armor like properties.

[IMG]
    Available at level 20 (50 sp)
    Cancel Item Throw: Cancels normal attacks to throw in item.
    Recommended: No.

[IMG]
    Physical Critical Hit: Increases physical critical chance by 1% per level.

[IMG]
    Physical Rear Attack: Increases physical critical chance on back attacks by 1.5% per level.

[IMG]
    Magical Critical Hit: Increases magical critical chance by 1% per level.
    Recommended: A decent investment but not nearly as good as Ancient Memory. Preference.

[IMG]
    Magical Rear Attack: Increases magical critical chance on back attacks by 1.5% per Level.
    Recommended: Not suggested.

[IMG]
    ASURA
    Power of Wave

[IMG]
    Available at level 5 (20 sp) Cancel available at level 18 (30 sp)
    Neutral Wave Sword: A fast poke that has knock down. It can be chained with all kinds of combos multiple times and serves as one of the only ranged attacks for the slayer class.
    Recommended: Argued to be left at 5 as requirements for other skills, level to 10 or maxed for the size increase. I personally left it at 5 to save SP. Make sure to get the Cancel too.

[IMG][IMG]
    Available at level 10 (25 sp) Cancel available at level 20 (50 sp)
    Wave Wheel Slasher: An instant grab. Meaning it will grab the opponent as soon as it hits.
    Recommended: 5 for Cancel.

[IMG]
    Automatic Passive upon Class Change
    Hostility Detection: My sight is no longer limited to my eyes... Makes you immune to blind status, increases back attack evasion, and increases Shadow resistance.

[IMG]
    First level is free upon Class Change (20 sp)
    Wave Manifestation Brand: My power comes from the waves of my mind, emotion, body, heart, and soul! An active buff that increases Int in proportion to each rune above your head and Cast speed divided among the runes adding up to the level of this skill. The buff constantly drains mp until the buff is deactivated. The mp consumed by the skill is a tiny bit below your normal mp regen. I suggest turning it off if you plan to wait for mp to regen when soloing.
    Recommended: Max for giant Int boost.

[IMG]
    Available at level 20 (25 sp)
    Ice Wave: Frio! Bury them in ice! Casts a layer of icicles in a straight line. Each icicle does water damage and has a chance to freeze the opponent. This is your main damage dealer before you get ASC.
    Recommended: The freeze is extremely important at later levels, Max this skill.

[IMG]
    Available at level 20 (30 sp)
    Wave Radiation: Let my waves unleash! A blast of energy that super armors you and sends opponents the direction you are facing. The skill is not very good at level 1 but when maxed the speed it is casted is much better and can start a combo any time. Plus the downtime of the skill is reduced every level. Some have said it is not a good skill, but its been an easy combo every 16 seconds for me.
    Recommended: Max

[IMG]
    Focus!: What doesn't kill me makes me smarter! For each hit you take up to 3 hits total, you will get a temporary buff of Int and Mp regen. It isn't a good skill because you need to get it for it to activate. It doesn't necessarily need to hurt you, it just needs hit stun.
    Recommended: Do not get, or bring to 5 for requirements of Deadly Enticer.
    Note: This skill used to be called MindSnap.

[IMG][IMG]
    Available at level 25 (30 sp) Cancel available at level 35 (50 sp)
    Ghost Orb: The darkness of your wave, I will return it to you. By consuming the manifestations that gather above you, a large orb will float forward slowly and do constant hit stun of shadow damage until exploding or touching the environment and dispersing. Once you have this skill, your guard will become Ghost Gate Return. This allows you to absorb projectiles when you instant guard. Magical projectiles turn into manifestations.
    The cancel is unreliable because it needs to float a little first before it connects as well as how far it appears upon cast would cause it to completely miss.
    Recommended: level 1 as a utility, leveling it will make the damage way stronger, but that's a preference since this is mostly a fixed damage class.
    Note:
    - Ghost orb
    - Spirit Crescent/Asura Spirit Crescent
    - Gattling Bullets
    - Steyr AMR
    - Grenades (not the explosion)
    - Cannon Ball (not the explosion)
    - Extruder
    - Nen Shot/Nen Cannon
    - Tempster/Gale Force Bullets and Self Destruct attack
    - Viper Cannon shots
    - Rising Shot/Head Shot
    - Lantern Bomb
    - Void
    - Crusifix Wind
    - Flash Sphere
    - Illusion Sword Dance Wave
    - Gore Cross (3rd hit)

[IMG]
    Available at level 25 (25 sp)
    Spirit Crescent: This wave is only as sharp as my mind! A cast attack that sends an arced wave forward. The damage this does is very good and gets better with the passive at level 30. With the passive, this skill replaces ice wave as your main damage dealer in pve.
    Recommended: Leave at 3 to save sp, or Max for raw power.

[IMG]
    Available at level 30 (50 sp)
    Asura Spirit Crescent: The wave of my mind is strong... now feel that with the waves of my soul! A gigantic enhancement to your normal spirit crescent making it about twice as large on the Y, X, and Z axis. Charging the skill fully will now do 40% more damage, hit more than just twice to be 3 or 4 times, and will generate a manifestation after throwing a full charged crescent off.
    Recommended: Buy this passive.
    Note: If you did not buy this passive, casting a normal crescent generates a rune as well.

[IMG]
    Available at level 30 (30 sp)
    Murderous Wave: Move away... else your heart will scream in pain... An invisible force that aggros mobs and constantly inflicts armor piercing damage to anything within its range. Leveling the skill does more damage and increases range of the wave. This also acts as a buff increasing you and allies critical hit. Avoid using this in long drawn out battles as it devours mp very quickly.
    Recommended: Level 5 for requirements, Max as preference.

[IMG]
    Available at level 35 (30 sp)
    Fire Wave Sword: I call upon the heat and flames of Ignis! A powerful long distance wave of lava that explodes some distance forward. The first hit will plow enemies back into the second hit, which will knock them forward again, perfect for comboing. In PvP it does good damage at all levels including level 1, its also said to scale badly per level.
    Recommended: Level 1, or 5 if you are going for the awakening.

[IMG]
    Available at level 35 (35 sp)
    Deadly Enticer: Gathering the wave energy from the anger and rage of my foes! Unleash it back with awesome force blowing all to shreds! As powerful as this skill can be, there is almost never going to be a good time to use this in pvp. If you played a team match and managed to find a situation with all 4 opponents stuck in a bloody twister or black hole, then it might be a good chance. However, you need to be hit 3 times to activate the skill, and opportunities to use it just don't happen often enough.
    Recommended: Do not get for pvp.
    Note: If you did get this, the best pvp chance to use it is when you get surrounded by nen clones after a suplex. Other than that there really is nothing else the skill works well agaisnt.

[IMG]
    Available at level 40 (35 sp)
    Ground Quaker: Strike the earth and shake the pitiful souls of the enemy! Slams your blade to the ground and grabs enemies in a large shock wave. It does % damage and leveling it increases damage and range of the shock wave. Be careful because your target must either touch your sword or the ground, other wise it will miss and you WILL be punished. QR will also avoid the shock wave so be wary about when you use this. Also, a failure tactic is to try to hit with this skill randomly like NWS, if you don't hit it's likely you'll get punished.
    Recommended: 1 for utility, more levels for damage as preference.

[IMG]
    Available at level 45 (35 sp)
    Agni Pentacle: Nothing will save you from the fires of Agni! The waves of power that surround me will crush your bones and immerse your flesh in searing hell fire! Gather the manifestations above your head and grab all enemies around you and hit them relentlessly the faster you tap the skill key and the X key. Each manifestation is one ball. This skill is unavoidable to EVERYTHING in its range, they can jump, guard, use invincible frames, use QR, it doesn't work and they will feel pain.
    Recommended: I would suggest that all Asuras Max this, however some builds only have it at level 1. (possibly as level 60 builds and % Asuras)

[IMG]
    Available at level 48 once awakening requirements are fulfilled
    Mind's Eye: I have no need for sight. I can already feel the universe. Counter attacks miss more often. Although the nerf it gets from PvP is pretty bad, that's a lot of evasion.
    Recommended: Max.

[IMG]
    Available at level 48 once awakening requirements are fulfilled (50 sp)
    Wave Eye: Now with all my power, I will succeed my master, and become nothing less than a god! An awesome transformation from a magical tank to an omnipotent being. Your basic attack becomes magic damage and adds an extra mid-range magical wave after the 3rd X attack. Your Wave Sword skills no longer cost mp, have changed down times, and can be used to manipulate where your enemies are at all times. Enemies who get close will have increased miss rate and have their attack speed slowed down badly. Once the active runs out, everything in the circle will take a large amount of fixed damage.
    Recommended: Not PvP related. No one uses this in PvP, in spite of how much hell it wreaks.

Example Builds

Each build can be used differently for different equipment and play style.
    Notes:
    - Apparently the awakening dungeons give extra sp than the skill planner shows. Total extra sp needs confirming.
    - 200 sp left over for a single mastery in each build.

The Bare Minimum
    As a PvP build, this saves as much sp as possible while still being usable without using the left over sp.

Full Utility
    This build gives you as much utility as possible, lots of the damage has been sacrificed to add more maneuverability.

Heavy Power
    SP is distributed to give attacks far more damage.

Awakening
    This is the bare minimum but with awakening requirements filled.

Percent
    A special version of Asura that uses the high magic damage of short swords to deal tremendous damage with % skills. These often prefer to use the freeze then ghost orb combo as the skill does far more damage at high levels.

My Build
    It works for me.

Gold Buyer's Build
    This build is set up as if you have very high attack speed and cast speed, giving you the ability to start a combo after almost any knock down. This is why neutral wave and guard is maxed in the build.

ProtoTypical's Build
    Much like the Gold Buyer's Build mixed with Full Utility and invests in Indomitable Spirit.

The level 60
    By not using a fat portion of your sp for the active awakening opens you up to a very high grade PvP build. This build assumes you are poor even at level 60.

Wu oh Tek
    Build of the professional league great sword asura himself. (Backstep is free in DnF)

By no means do you need to follow any of these. In fact I encourage making your own build and style, use these as suggestions, and if need be, your own build.

Combos and Tactics

As an Asura your main objective should be knocking the other guy down then use ice wave before he gets up.
    You most definitely should NOT be trying to throw out all your waves hoping to hit something.
    The easiest way to get your combo started is to approach as if you were a weapon master, with ACS, upward slash, ashe fork, guard, and triple slash. From there you can find a way to start a combo.

Notes:
    -WWS works like other cancel skills and will warp when timed to hit at the same time as basic X attacks. (like the 3rd hit for picking people off the ground)
    -After WWS run after the thrown opponent and use upward slash (on hot key for more reach because of the slide) to hit stun them and ice wave to continue a combo. (works best with great swords and katanas)
    -Wave Radiation can be used as an attack to keep the opponent down or stuck in a corner when other skills are on down time.
    -Before using Agni, use ASC and try to land WWS (in a combo preferably) first for the 2 extra runes on top of the 3 default from manifestation brand.

Some combos to try out:
    ??? - Upward - XXX WWS - Upward - Ice Wave - Fire Wave - Ground Quaker
    ??? - Upward - XXX Ice Wave - XXX Upward - Gore Cross - XXX WWS - Upward - Agni Pentacle
    (and everyones favorite)
    ??? - Upward - XXX Ice Wave - Ghost Orb - ASC - Ghost orb - Ground Quaker

Equipment

As an Asura you gain the plate armor mastery that gives us outstanding defense only second to crusaders.
    Heavy armor will still give you an added defense bonus from its mastery however plate will simply give more defense over all and have Int and MAX MP bonuses on top of that.

Weapon wise you would want to have a short sword for higher damage, a katana for speed, or a great sword for reach. But above all else, you want a fire damage weapon to break ice wave into resets.
    For the poor without attack speed you should take up a katana. If you have the cash to upgrade your weapon then short swords are good too. If your loaded and have cast and attack speed out the wazoo then a great sword is a great weapon to try out.

Avatars should be as follows for best results on PvP.
    Hat/Hair - Cast Speed (note: mp recovery is also great for PvE since our regen is quite low)
    Face/Torso - Attack Speed
    Body - Preferred skill bonuses go in this order: Agni Pentacle, Ice Wave, Spirit Crescent, or Wave Radiation.
    Pants - MP MAX
    Waist - Evasion, or if you use equipment swapping then +weight is also good because plate is heavy.
    Shoes - Jump or Run, but Jump takes priority when you starting using ACS or ashe fork for any given reason.

Poor people grade Equipment
    - Behemoth Awareness Plate
    - Slumlord's Agile Steel Pieces
    - Faithful Titanium Short Sword
    - Hyper Jammer, Charlies Necklace, Terra Cotta ID
    - Sky Tower Climber or Sacred Guardian.

Decent Equipment
    - Tranquil Spirit Set
    - Vision Reaper Set
    - Frost Bringer, White Heat Katana, Sasameyuki
    - Bamboo Bracelet, Scholars Armguard
    - Cat Title or Turtle Title.

High Quality Equipment
    - Holy Titanium Set of Culy
    - Kurenai, Ten Letter Katana:Sha, Heart Buster
    - Mani Aruso Aftifact, Lapore Meta, Royal Ring
    - Christmas Spirit Title

Example by Video

Here I will post some videos of combos, skills, and other such relevance to Asuras.
    Combos:
    HellMuT's combo exhibition

Skills:
    HorseTownProductions tutorial video

PvP Matches:
    Famous DnF Tournament

Funny Junk:
    100% evasion

Help Requests
    - I need someone to help me test different projectiles that get absorbed by Ghost Gate Return.
    - Suggestions for Equipment.
  2. TheHolyGuy Member

Moonlight Slash is definitely a no-no for any slayer subclass except Soulbenders. Its delay is just too long.

Terms:
    NWS- Neutral Wave Sword

Skills to consider:
    Indomitable Spirit- Max or Nothing. Gives super armor when casting
  3. Fynl Lunchbox Hero

Some of your emoticons died off I think
    And you actually liked my layout? :')
  4. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

I havn't tested it, but I think moonlit might be fast enough with a bit of cast speed. (if it is indeed cast speed)

And I have not gone over general skills yet, and I'm aware how useful Indom would be for several reasons.

Yea idk what happened to my smilies :<

I needed a template for my guide. Yours looked okay.
  5. Prototypical faggot

Actually, moonlight slash can be thought of along the same lines as gore cross. It's just a combo extender, and every asura above hero rank 1 right now has it (all 2 of them, and they both quit derp).
  6. Ring "...that's my role."

I agree with this, but I saw some katana WM extending a combo thanks to this...

OT ... Asuras need PVP builds? i thought they just had to land a uppper, ice wave, orb, charged crecent, fire wave win.
  7. Prototypical faggot

My incredibly biased opinion says that this is a garbage way of thinking. You need godly cast speed to do ice wave -> ghost orb if you're playing people who aren't retarded. That is why fire weapons are so valuable-- so you can continue an ice wave freeze with an upper -> ACS string. Not only will this do the same amount of dmg (at the cost of a riskier combo though), but you will be able to successfully stall for a lot more time during the string, allowing you to finish with quaker or have agni available to you sooner.
  8. Ring "...that's my role."

Im guessing every asura that traps me in ice have godly casting speed then? .-. Im dead unless I somehow jump over the orb after defreezing OR ice wave doesnt freeze me >:

I have fought other asuras with different comobos that include gore cross and such... it really confuses me lol
  9. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Don't you have a ranger? Revenger makes both ghost orb and ice resets stupid. (unless you have guard cancel or use WWS instead)
  10. Ring "...that's my role."

revenger is super armored after a splti second of invincibility so I can still get frozen... and ghost orb I can dodge if I didnt get frozen. BUT if I do get frozne , Im pretty much dead. I dont just have ONE character.
  11. 2bninja Get high on life

gun guard.

I'm swinging to make an asura now. :)
    What should I name it stevewonder?
    RayCharles?

Can I have something other than plate?
  12. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Plate is just better to have. There are a few peices of heavy armor with attack speed that might be good, but other than that you wear plate and you will like it!

Also, I've been waiting to see an asura named "SpamAgni"

I mean use revenger after the ice breaks. There have been rangers who took only 2-3 hits from my orb with those inv frames, it just floated right through.
  13. Prototypical faggot

mash harder or autokey

i've gotten punished so many fucking times while casting ghost orb post freeze. it has a pretty deceptive starting hitbox-- it won't actually start doing damage until it's a good bit away from your character (this is why cancel ghost orb is useless).
  14. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Which is exactly why fire weapons are so useful.
    I have had a striker break my ice and run out of orb, it was utter BS. Striker stacking hit recovery is just aggravating.
    Infact most classes with high hit recovery are tedious battles for asuras.
  15. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Giant update needs critiquing.
  16. Dice Dragon Level 46 Manzer Brodor

So far what I see is your correct with the term of Oki, its a move used on the enemy when they wake up.
    Also upper cancel is 50 sp, unless the 20 listed is for each level of upper. in which case thats ok.

Pretty good guide if I say so myself.
  17. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

I missed that detail thanks.
    What i really need right now is information about equipment.
    Theres a 45 plate set that always escapes me and I have no idea what the good level 45+ accessories are.
  18. Prototypical faggot

i don't think sasameyuki is a good choice for a weapon. all I see it doing is ruining acs strings with random freezes. gold buyer weapons should probably look like white heat katana and kurenai for katanas.

here's my build if you care for it. i left manifestation brand at 5 because i decided the cspd increase was completely not worth it. other then that it's pretty much like the goldbuyer build.
  19. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Moved sasa from good choice to decent choice, moves white heat and added kurenai to good choices.
    Also added your build to the example list.

I had herd the freeze on the sasa is pretty long and I had discussed with Schwartz about switching between a sasameyuki and a white heat for random resets. Although I can see the freeze fucking you up if the other guy has status tolerance or a crazy autokey.
  20. Ring "...that's my role."

Then I'll lucky enough to land a BBQ or something before you thow a charged or semi charged crescent at me :(

there's alot of ways around this combo, but it seems to me that only 2 asuras Ive fought in expert use different combos instead of landing this one.