Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Altitude: Soldat w/ planes

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gloomy, Sep 3, 2010.

1. TheHolyGuy Member

Add T3HBeef
  2. Rawrrr Bitch.

Still not working. Refuses to add.
  3. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I'm running a game right now, look for LHCGreg's Altitude Server, pass is SSA. I'll be back in like 30 minutes.
  4. Stream Is Starting Anew.

Darnit, i have to get off la computadora.
    I'll add yall tommorow and the game will be gone by then I think
    QQ ma lyfe.
  5. Gloomy dicks

My IGN is Mondays
  6. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Good games tonight with me, Rawrrr, and Gloomy. Need more players! Let's get a good game going tomorrow.

Any preferences for server configuraton? eg what game types, bouncy/not bouncy walls, any specific maps not to include, any cool custom maps you've found, number/difficulty of bots, time before a round actually starts, goals to win in plane ball, how long free for all/team deathmatch go for.

I'm not a big fan of ball mode. :-\

I don't want bouncy walls even though I probably crashed more than Rawrrr and Gloomy combined. I think bots are fine at 2 bots max at medium difficulty to balance teams. I could go for a longer time before rounds start so I have time to pick a plane/perks.

And I found out that there's a server setting for how zoomed in/out the screen is. I am definitely setting it to zoom out a bit so you can actually see the base in TBD before you're on top of it, take full advantage of explodet missle range, etc.

If you want to see exactly what can be changed, just run server_configurator.exe.
  7. Rawrrr Bitch.

Default settings are fine for time of rounds etc, definitely normal walls, and I'm not a big fan of bots. Simply because they're either stupid easy or stupid retardedly good (FUCK YOU BOT 2, FUCKING LASER TROLL).

Also, I crashed more than you and Gloomy once I started using reverse thrusters :|
  8. TheHolyGuy Member

Purchased this game, I have. Btw, is there an option to add favorite servers or access a server via IP? It'd be easier to find the SSA server.
  9. Gloomy dicks

It's funny, because when I first unlocked Explodet, I thought he was a piece of trash. But then. BUT THEN. I stopped playing with people who rely on Rubberized Hull and know how to fly and take advantage of extra defense etc etc and slammed them into walls repeatedly for massive damage. I think most of the people who start playing this game will feel the same way. Then they will get better and there will be a whale pro there to take advantage of the lack of Rubberized Hull. Lol at Loopy vs Explodet :trollface:

I want to get better with both Biplane and Miranda. But Biplane is so... terrible. He's like Loopy without aim assist and horrible maneuverability. It's dumb how he's supposed to come off as a dogfighter, but can't turn as well as Loopy. How are you supposed to dogfight?

Miranda is amazing and I'll be using her the most...

As for game modes, I prefer TDM or 1DM since that's what I do best. The planes I like to play aren't really good at FFA (Miranda/Biplane vs. groups of enemies? no thanks). We could also try 1-Life Demolition-- I played a few rounds earlier and it's exactly like playing CoD: one team defends two bases and the other team has to plant the charge on one of the bases. It's very fun.

I think though, that we need to get three more sis or bros to join us. 3v3 is where it's at.
  10. Heidi Member

Would I be able to play? Or is this game really lag sensitive?
  11. Rawrrr Bitch.

Biplane is actually really strong if you can actually aim, the secondary fire wrecks shit, the cannon perk wrecks shit. And if you can actually control the motherfucking goddamn thing, reverse biplanes are just... rageinducing. I've played a few of them, and they really are hard to counter.

Flexi wings helps biplanes a lot too. Biplanes are also one of the best bomb carriers, a balanced amount of health speed and agility, and quite a small target.

Miranda i couldn't really get into. Once I unlock time anchor, I'll try doing some bomb runs with it. Until then, loopy is still my favorite. EMP and doublefire <3

I prefer ball or team deathmatches, where I can actually do something with a loopy without dieing instantly.

Oh and I might have to start using rubber hulls if Greg keeps using Explodets :| He just trolls shit and bounces everything against walls. I'll see if the +10% explodet damage outweighs the reduced wall damage.

@Heidi I usually have over 300 ping and still play fine, you should be ok.
  12. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

There isn't a mac option is there =/
  13. Rawrrr Bitch.

Actually there is.
  14. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

I see a download PC Dema button but not one for mac. Is the free weekend for mac too? Where can i dowload it?
  15. Gloomy dicks

Steam has a Mac option.

Anyway the only reason I like Biplanes is cause it's fucking classy. Biplanes are the tuxedos of the sky. (Explodets are like the serial child molesters of the sky.)
  16. Stream Is Starting Anew.

[IMG]

It wont let me add you guys until I buy some games lulwut?
    Cool steam is cool.

EDIT: I'll just hang out in the IRC and you guys contact me when you wanna play.
  17. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

There really is no "SSA server", the two SSA games have just been me hosting on one of my home computers. If you're looking for an SSA game, just add SSA'ers as friends and see if people are on. There's a button next to each friend in your friend list that lets you join whatever server that person is on. You can also get on the SSA IRC channel and ask if anyone wants to play.

The game is written in Java so both client and server of the game run on Windows, Mac, and Linux. http://altitudegame.com/download.html - click the big Mac button.

@Stream: Add friends inside Altitude, not on Steam.

Game up right now, look for LHCGreg's Altitude Server, password is SSA.
  18. Rawrrr Bitch.

50% off deal ends at 10am PDT, I've already bought it.
  19. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Bought it. I changed my mind, this is definitely worth $5.

I am loving the bombers "bomb" red perk. I'm probably sticking with bomber for TDM/FFA unless I unlock perks with other planes that I like more.
  20. Gloomy dicks

Buying it on Tuesday, sadly...