Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Advantages of M ranger/launcher/mech over F ranger/launcher/mech?

Discussion in 'Gunner' started by Baklava, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Baklava Hungry Hungry Greeks

I can't find any, someone help me.

I'm trying to make a detailed guide. Since everyone's covered the advantages of female over male, I need to compile the advantages of vice versa.

I just want to know if there are any subtle differences that males have an edge over females.
    Like how females spitfires can grenade throw in the air, female rangers have bleeding effect on kicks and a more powerful multi-headshot, unlimited g-series, etc.

Axis range, special effects, hits, specific actions that males can but females can't, etc, things not listed in the skill description.

I can't be assed to make a character for every subclass so no I'm not going to look for it myself. I only have a male spitfire/mech and a female launcher.

Right now it's still looking like there's no point to play a male gunner so the point of my guide sucks atm.
  2. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

3. Ring "...that's my role."

but he wrote

Launchers
    ===========

Male:
    Steyr deals two hits with higher damage and delayed explosion
    FM-92 shoots 4 missiles for high damage
    Awakening passive boosts awakening attack

I thought the passive only did two things: decrease evasion on targets in the launcher's x axis and let you see where the enemies were at like in PVP.

Also iirc F rangers did half the dmg with wild shot than males but had more juggling capabilities and Multi headshot for Females was 7 shiots but weaker.

I think he wants to remake his guide
  4. CasualHero New Member

nades

/end of thread
  5. Gloomy dicks

Male gunners are good at pvp

female gunners don't get to use grenades

so fucking gay I swear to god
  6. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Female have boobs and Male don't... At least thats what i been told ¬¬
  7. Archie Mexocan

So far on my lvl 20 f ranger...

Punisher/Spriggan

Punisher has better z axis range (so you can grab floating mobs like puppeteers without having to knock them down first). Its shockwave is centered right where you are standing, so compared with spriggan, punisher is the better for self defense when you are getting trampled. I've personally used punisher many times for defense like this.

But spriggan is better for all other purposes

Jack Spike/Marilyn Rose

Jack spike doesn't launch backwards often (if at all), and its super armor seems to last longer than rose,*making jack spike a better defensive skill

*Don't quote me on this yet

G-14 Buster

lolololololol

Win-mill/Topspin Kick

Less cooldown. This is really important to me because like I've said many many many times, it's an important skill I use offensively, and defensively. Adding more cooldown makes me go D=

General Mechanics

Males jump higher
  8. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

I've also noticed marylin rose hits grounded opponents. (not sure in pvp)
    And spriggan is a low grab so it gets grounded opponents where IT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE IF PUNISHER DID TOO.
  9. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

So punisher on an OTG enemy make them immediatly stand just to knock then over again? Sry logic says no to that ¬¬
  10. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Woah okay, seems you didn't think about that one at all.
    How about stepping on the grounded enemy instead of the need to trip him first?
    It honestly doesn't seem that hard to grasp.
  11. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Because you must change the whole sprite/image W/E of the skill?
  12. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

No. The kick sweep is the hit/miss and then you get stepped on.
    Why would you need to change it?
  13. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

If you didn't know the animation goes "Low kick>KnockOver>Foot Stomp>5 shoots" to make your idea works you must cut the first 2 steps and go directly for the 3 one.
  14. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Correction, cut out the 2nd step.
    I'm sure thats going to take hours to change the spirtes to simply stop the target from flipping back up. -_-
    You very easily understood my point and yet still had to argue small details.

You should be able to hit grounded opponents with it because thats essentially 90% of what the skill is. Shooting a grounded opponent!
  15. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

[IMG]

Yes Cut 1 and 2 so we can do 3 and 4 with OTG enemies. If this doesn't prove it then i bitched about small details for nothing :p
  16. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

[IMG]

Just cutting part 2 is enough. You bitched about a small detail bud.

And in advance I apologize to Stark because I saved this file and forgot to crop it.
  17. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Especially because that low kick will hit ground right? well w/e not gonna bitch anymore F.gunner sucks Peace brothars XD Cy
  18. Baklava Hungry Hungry Greeks

If that's what Spriggan already does, what harm would it do if Punisher does that too LOL.
  19. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Not my point but more reasoning for it.
    Its not the tripping part I notice, its the stepping part.
  20. Baklava Hungry Hungry Greeks

The only thing is that Punisher can hit things that are in mid-air, Spriggan goes right through those.

If they gave Punisher a bit more upward range, it'd be useful for taking down air trolls.
    In fact, Punisher needs a bit more overall range.