Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

A Righteous Victory Awaits - Crusader discussion thread

Discussion in 'Priest' started by Stark, May 8, 2010.

1. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

The main reason I have against maxing Furious Grab is that it's literally a 500 SP sinkhole. That is enough to make me wonder if it's worth the extra damage, since that 500 SP is WAY usable elsewhere.
  2. VariousGuy Dead Guy

I think it's the hold rate. Sometimes if you''re attacked by Furious Grab, you're stuck in place. Free damage anyone? Though I hear it's also pretty powerful, I think.
  3. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

It's 1744 damage on the stretch and 3488 damage on the grab. All fixed. It also has a 60% chance to immobilize. It is EXTREMELY powerful, and with a short cooldown to boot.. I will not debate that fact. The question is if I'm willing to sacrifice half my utility and getting the awakening for an attack that is going to basically be like a strong BoP with less area.

And even with the ability to use Wisdom Blessing, you're a Battle Crusader, so your spirit and vitality are going to be much lower, meaning the buff is going to be incredibly weak compared to a Full Support's boost. Also consider that BoP and Javelin are the ONLY partial percent skills, meaning that magic attack will go to waste in everything else, including Furious Grab. That's 500 SP you're spending on a skill that boosts two of your attacks by a lot, and boosts everything else negligably.

However, for an investment of something near 1000 SP you can get Divine Invocation, which gives almost the same amount of strength and int that the maxed battle passive gives, as well as having 5 Melody, 10 in Slow Heal, 3 in Fast Heal, 5 in Strike, and even 3 in Wisdom too, allowing you to get a further int boost. On top of all of that, you get a couple levels of the Support Passive, giving you MORE spirit and vitality to boost the power of your buffs.

I must admit though, Ancient Memory seems to be the best way to go, as it costs 25 SP per level and is only 10 levels, being much better overall.
  4. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Actually, if Wisdom still has an int bonus post patch, it'll be useful to Battle Saders, seeing as int helps fixed damage skills. Int also acts as a multiplier to your magic attack stat, making BoP and Javelin hit even harder.

Also, I don't think Vitality and Spirit help with casting buffs. Sure, you'll take less damage if you get hit during casting, but if the buff stops during casting, it stops, no matter how much Vitality and Spirit you have. Just gotta stay outta harm's way/get cast speed/get Indomitable Spirit. Though Indomitable Spirit is meh for battle saders, might be worth it for Support saders. Though I'm not to sure on that.

1000 sp for a lot of stuff, especially the awesome Divine Invocation, is nice, but the other stuff isn't really needed, except wisdom's blessing and the defence bosts from Grace of Protection. You gotta put more points in the heals for them to be more useful, heaven's melody is meh, and, for battle saders, strike isn't that useful anymore. Mixed/Support Saders will love this 1000SP package, though.

Also Furious Grab's still useful at Lv.1: a poke. BoP on cooldown and you need to throw another move out? Call the demon hand. So I assume, if you don't wanna spend 500 SP for a powerful poke, I guess just a point will do. Same with Light of Divinity, though less levels means less health, but a shield's a shield, I guess.
  5. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Wait what? LoD gains an hp total? I thought that was Wall of Aegis or whatever.
    Geeze after patch may throw my stratagie out the window...
  6. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Post Patch LoD, apparently, has HP. Not sure if it lasts forever or not, though I know you can attack normally in it. Wall still has HP, but it now does damage and is bigger too, from the looks of it.
  7. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

To you Various, it has been proven that Crusader buffs are very VERY nerfed post patch, and only get strong with investments in Spirit and Vitality.

Here's the info.

Light of Divinity has a 30 second last time at max post patch, and every level has a 12.5 second cooldown.
  8. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Well that throws almost everything I said out of the window. Damn, that really sucks.
  9. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

Yes it does. As to your comment on HP of LoD, it appears like there's some sort of other variable listed that I can't understand, because I can't read Korean. It looks like it maxes out at around 800 of whatever this thing is.
  10. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

So a battle sader is buffed (or, created, since some argue there's no battle sader pre-patch), but support sader is nerfed?
    God, I don't know what to do. So many headaches. Priest patch seems to be both good and bad...
  11. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

Support Saders get a passive buff to spirit and vitality, plus Slow Heal EX gives a spirit and vitality buff. You can stack it and get very powerful buffs, but not if you're a Battle Sader.
  12. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

Well, I'm assuming by your build that you have no interest in the Heaven's skills.

Basics: Smasher and Cure should be left at 1 for utility, and you should get GWL to level 5 and get the cancel, as well as a point of Second Uppercut to help with style juggling for unlocking Kings. I'd also recommend dropping Emblem of Protection to the prerequisite level, since adding more doesn't do much more than provide more defense, which in the end isn't as useful. You also really have no use for Backstep, since you're hanging behind the lines buffing. Flash Sphere should also be kept relatively low, since the mobs scale in a way that makes using the longer lasting stun very difficult.

Personally I'd drop Blades to 5 with the cancel, and max out Slow Heal, since it's a tremendous amount of HP. I'd also get a level of Painful Rapture in order to fully utilize the amount of HP you can heal, since you can toss a heal on yourself when the party isn't needing it, and make some free MP off of it with PR.

This is what I'd personally do, and there's still some SP left to do whatever you want with: Saders
  13. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Cure would be better at 2 in the least since that covers most all situations except maybe Faris.
    Backstep is prefrence for people so getting it or not shouldn't be something other people tell you to do.
    Flash sphere is better maxed for pve, or left at 1 as hit stun utility. The stun isn't even an issue in any case because it ALWAYS stuns and in pve the stun takes too long for it to come for it to be of use in most situations.

Slow heal scales rather badly and doesn't count much as a life saver, I'd rather have those points in blades. Which brings me to say that blades at just 5 is not enough hit stun to be considered useful in a party.

Of course, this is when you buff your team and keep enemies pinned with hitstun as often as possible. As a crusader I still can not possibly stand in the back buffing everyone. I MUST go beat the hell out of something else I get bored.
  14. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Lv.2 cure is meh, but hey, less cooldown and more things cured. Though anymore levels in cure is not needed. Lv.1 Cure is alright, though.

Lv.10 Smasher would be nice if Crusaders got more strength upon level up. Sadly, they don't, so anymore than one point in it is kind of pointless. Especially since we can't get maxed Smasher.

Slow heal is good, despite its scaling. It gives you more heals. Sure, you gotta wait a while for the heals to be useful, but it's better than having everyone use potions while you're out of Fast Heals. Though I can see why people don't recommend it.

Blades is a max or nothing skill, from the looks of it. Getting just to the cancel will do you no good, due to its lack of good hitstun. Level it to max, and it's amazing.

I decided to make a build for ya, with some leftover SP for you to do whatever:

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/...wCbwNbuGbwDkvSquUevAfuXnvCbvTbvUhwFlvDbuVbvBb

It has the essentials, I think, for a good support sader, with a little offense to make your Crusader a little more fun to play. Put the extra points into whatever you want.
  15. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

Maxed Blades is truely a godsend, so I really would suggest maxing it if you're actually going to be attacking at all. My FS Sader is keeping it at 5 with cancel because he has to get the Heaven's skills, and isn't going to be attacking much, but if I wasn't getting them I'd totally max Blades. Which would look somethin' like >this<, with one more point in Blades.

Slow Heal is actually incredibly good, considering you can get a nearly 1000 HP heal if you grab a few +Slow Heal items, giving you an insane amount of healing potential.

I'd also love to suggest a point in Painful Rapture, but nobody listens to that speech anyway.
  16. iamchinaman New Member

Build
    PvP but I had left over points. Last 30 goes into Emblem of protection

Suggestion for better skills to use remaining points?
  17. VariousGuy Dead Guy

The only thing I really see wrong is Painful Rapture. If you're pure PVP, you do not need it. Though it might help in dungeons a bit. Other than that, the build looks alright.
  18. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Actually, it makes sense for an Elim PvP build. You'd be surprised how quickly you run out of MP spamming buffs. But I digress...
  19. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Huh, never thought of that. Then again, I don't PVP too much.