Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.
You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.
Dungeon Fighter Online Forums
The alternative approach which we have chose to take is to make that wiki read-only, and continue to make it available for everyone to read the contents. You can access it here: http://superswordaction.com/old-wiki
To progress, and evolve into a more lively wiki, we have installed a wiki that is integrated with the forums. You can find the wiki here: http://www.superswordaction.com/wiki It is also available as the top navbar link "Wiki".
This wiki uses the built in WYSIWYG editor, which will make posting things much easier. Additionally, since it is an integrated wiki, performing search on the forum will also yield results from the wiki. Furthermore, the moderation staff also have a much more integrated experience when it comes to user management. As of right now, all registered users are allowed to edit the contents, and we would be greatly appreciated if everyone can join in the effort to help port information from the old wiki into the new one. In the future, should defacement becomes a popular issue (we hope not, since there are many levels of spam detection and prevention beyond just the forum software), we can look into having a more restrictive permission set go into place.
We hope everyone will understand the reasons for the change, and support the effort in maintaining the wiki
Things are still a bit finiky, but I think we are stable enough to bring everyone over.
If you notice any problems, please let me know (preferably with screenshot) and we will work things out together.
In the mean time, here are a few notable changes:
1) Style; yes, we look ugly rocking with the default style. I do not think the style we were working on is production ready, and we will update it over time.
2) Social groups; they are kind of missing right now. We have the old contents archived in a forum, and we can open that up if there are no strong opposing forces.
3) Twitter / Facebook; they are there for login and registration, as well as sharing. If you like them, feel free to use them. If you hate them, fear not, within the next few weeks, we will add an alternative style with all of them removed, so you don't need to deal with them.
4) ASPS section; we added a ASPS section for our beloved Tomato. Old thread will be moved there and maybe locked so it would make things easier for all of us
5) Cake, and grief counseling will be provided at conclusion of the test.
Have fun, and we hope you are as excited as we are in bringing new things to the forum
Here's what the transfer means to you, as a forum user:
- The site will be moved to a new server.
- The forum will be moved to a new forum engine (that is, something other than vBulletin). All threads and posts will be transferred.
- The new owners may keep some, all, or none of the current moderation staff.
- GSDBot, the IRC bot, will no longer be online because the hosting provider for the new server does not allow IRC bots. This means no quotebot, no trivia bot, and no IRC stats.
- The new forum will be ad-free, at least for a while, perhaps permanently.
Exact details on when there will be downtime to come later.